Tuesday 26 August 2014

Review- Website: Wattpad

Tuesday 26th August 2014
Hiya!:)
So today I am going to grant you all with a Website review of Wattpad please feel free to state your oppinions in the comment section but please no offensive comments/
So as I have been a fellow wattpader for the past 2 years with several different accounts, many deleted stories and a few books I have read I can probably say that I know alot about Wattpad.
Wattpad is a site for people who are 13 or older to read and write their own books. So basically, people off all ages write their own books in the hopes that people will like, comment and continue reading their books whilst reading other books.
Like any Social Media site it sometimes brings down small arguments because of lacking to upload blah, blah blah. But other then that it is a nice, safe website that I encourage people of any sex and age to join as although in the books there might be sexual content and swearing there are age restrictions on books, and the 'Wattpad Team' try really hard to make it a safe and reliable site.
There are impressive writers on there, honestly, I would say are better then some of the books that are published! Of course we get the fan-fictions which hardly anyone pays attention to, but oh well.
There are so many categories to make sure you find books that you want to read and the authors pour their hearts and souls into them. They make covers, research, edit, upload, trailers ect just to make sure that those who are reading get everything and more from the book they are reading.
People can literally get like 91 million reads on their books. Yeah I have a pretty biased opinion considering I pretty much live and breath because of the website and I spend like 3 hours a day on the website but that's beside the point. I have pros, and I have cons here are just a few.
Pros:
-Being able to write your own story
-Unlimited stories to read
-FREE!

Cons:
-A few people that hate on literally, EVERYTHING
-Too many fan-fictions
-It's hard to start at the bottom

Theres pros and cons to everything and it's hard for me to say some about Wattpad but what I can say is that the only Con I think is a definite one that I absolutely dislike is the fact that people don't give other books a chance. If someone were to see a book with only 123 reads they wouldn't click it.

So go check Wattpad out and tell me all of your pros and cons in the comments below!
Bye! Miss you already!(:
-DesperatelySeeking

No comments:

Post a Comment